If you are one of the many busy medical professionals currently working, you must protect yourself from any negligence. Having medical malpractice insurance will protect you and give you peace of mind if you are involved in any form of action.
He and a couple of his colleagues were undergoing heart surgery. Unfortunately, the patient died when they were in the middle of the operation itself. They tried their best to save the life of this patient, but it was already too late for him to revive him.
The patient was pronounced dead, and the family was informed of the incident. A couple of months after the incident, my friend received a letter from a lawyer regarding a grievous family lawsuit. They asked for 5 million dollars for the agreement. My friend’s medical malpractice insurance at that time was only $ 1 million. He lost the case and eventually sold his stake in the hospital. I was under great pressure to raise the money needed to cover the remaining necessary funds.
To summarize, we could say that if I were insured by more than a million-negligence insurance, I would not have to suffer in such a situation. He could be one of the owners of the hospital and receive monthly income from the hospital. But he lost everything, including his share in the hospital. I needed to sell everything to pay for the deal.
It is unfortunate to have such a situation, especially if you have a family and your children are still young. This could have been avoided if I had had enough medical accident insurance to cover everything. That's why I think it’s best for you to have the maximum amount of malpractice insurance while you are still active in any field of medicine. You never know when one of your patients may decide that you have not provided adequate care.
Why use malpractice insurance?
- The main thing, because the hospital is the most responsible institution in case of treatment. Of course, hospitals cannot escape me and agreed to the doctor’s question.
- The second reason is that insurance premiums are very expensive, therefore they are unfair and too large to be charged by each doctor, since the hospital as an institution will be cheaper than the insurance premium, and I have an adequate liability limit.
- Patients or their families should not only consult a doctor, but also to the hospital as a medical institution. Now, if only the doctor personally buys medical malpractice insurance, will the court not sentence the hospital to pay restitution (joint liability)?
- Can bad practice, usually performed by hospital staff, nurses, nurses, students, students, volunteers, and even security guards, take an oxygen bottle?
- The hospital, as a medical institution, must uphold the good name of the lawsuit (lawsuit).